As of July 1, 2007, Nelson Education
Limited products will be subject to 12 month returns
allowance from the invoice date.
- Nelson Education permits returns of active products within
12 months of the invoice date
- A copy of the original invoice must accompany all returns.
- If a copy of the original invoice is not available,
the invoice number must be quoted including the quantity,
purchase price, and ISBN(s) of the returned item(s).
- Returns received without invoice information will be
credited at the lowest price offered during the 12 month
- Returns received without invoice information will cause
delays in the application of credit.
- Returns must be in saleable condition. Material bearing marks,
stamps, writing, or labels, will not be accepted.
- Shrink-wrapped books must be returned unopened. All Software
and CD-ROM’s must be returned with the original envelope
seal or package seal unbroken and intact.
OLD EDITION / OUT OF PRINT / RUN OUT STATUS:
Old Edition (OE):
- OE titles must be returned within 3 months (90 days) of the
notification date of the new edition. The last date to return
OEs can be found on the Upcoming Editions page.
- OE titles will be sold non-returnable.
- To review titles with OE status, visit http://serviceplus.nelson.com/
- OP titles are must be returned within 3 months (90 days) of
being declared OP.
- OP titles will be sold non-returnable.
- To review titles with OP status, visit http://serviceplus.nelson.com/
Run Out (RO):
- RO titles will be sold non-returnable.
BUNDLES / KITS:
- All titles shipped and invoiced as a bundle must be identified
with the bundle ISBN upon return.
- Bundles must be returned shrink-wrapped or with the sealed
- This will ensure prompt processing of your return.
- Custom titles are subject to 15% returns as indicated on your
- You must notify Nelson Education regarding damaged product within 90 days of receipt in order to receive authorization to return.
- You will have 90 days from the date of authorization to submit returns.
- For claims ‘damaged by carrier’: Recipient must indicate damage on the waybill at the time of delivery. If no damage disclaim was indicated on the waybill, the customer has 48 hours to report the damage claim, keep the box(s) which contained the damage books for further inspection by the carrier
- See Damage Claim Form
CREDIT FOR RETURNS:
- Product returned to Nelson Education in non-saleable condition,
will be sent back to the store at the store's expense and credit
will not be issued.
- The definition of mint is a new appearance inside and
out with no bent covers, no scuffmarks and nothing shelf
- Shop-soiled, stickered or stamped products or products
that are rendered un-salable will not be accepted for credit
- Returns received without invoice information will be credited
at the lowest price offered during the 12 month time frame. Returns
received without invoice information will cause delays in the
application of credit.
- Nelson Education will match returns with invoices from the
individual “ship to” account, based on historical
- If the return exceeds the individual account's
purchases we will match the invoice to the total
historical invoices within the customer’s family
of “bill to” accounts, including all “ship
to” accounts associated with it.
- Returns that cannot be matched against invoices
within the family of accounts will not receive credit.
- Credit will only be issued for documented quantities received
by our Distribution Centre. Any discrepancies will be communicated
by Nelson Education Credit Department upon receipt.
HOW TO RETURN:
SHIP RETURN TO:
Nelson Education Ltd.
Attn: Returns Department
1120 Birchmount Rd.
If you are uncertain about the returnable status of a book, please
contact our Customer Support Department at 1-800-268-2222 or email
at firstname.lastname@example.org to
determine its print status.
- Nelson Education will provide full credit for stock received
in mint re-salable condition.
- Each carton should be accompanied by a packing slip indicating
the quantity and title(s) returned and must include the original
invoice or invoice numbers.
- In order to prevent damage in transit, items returned to Nelson
Education must be packed with sufficient and appropriate packing
material in cartons of at least 275lbs. test for larger boxes
and 200lbs. test for smaller boxes.
- In order to ensure accurate processing of returns and timely
crediting of accounts, customers should include a packing slip
or invoice in each box of their returns. Customers should number
each box (i.e., 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4).
- Nelson Education recommends that returns should be shipped
prepaid by traceable means to the above address.
- Liability for returns passes to Nelson Education once the materials
are received by our Distribution Centre.
*** Returns that do not meet the above conditions will be returned
at the customer's expense ***
*** Nelson Education reserves the right to change this Policy at any time without